Sunday, January 09, 2005

Honeymoon...

I felt that I should share with you our honeymoon pictures. I don't know if everybody was able to see them.

As you know we went to
Mauritius for 2 weeks in May, between 16th and 31st! My birthday was on the 30th... and it was fab!! :o)

We stayed at Le Coco beach, which is on the east side of the island. It is the windy side, so at some points in the day we would get wind swept... Regardless, the place was beautiful and we both fell in love with is immediately.

Let me tell you about the journey there! It takes about 10-11 hours on a direct flight. WE left at
4pm from Heathrow, after sadly saying bye to my friends, the Canadians! Very tearful and both Mick and I felt horrible! Mick was so upset because he is going to miss them, like me, and because he didn't want to feel this way at the beginning of our honeymoon.

Anyway.... after a very long and emotional wedding day (which was THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE) we were both very tired and stressed from thinking about the 11 hour flight. So, we get on our plane and to our big surprise, the cabin was really HOT! I usually feel really cold in planes. So, we thought it might get cooler once we are in the air. How wrong we were! It kept getting hotter and hotter, and not even half way through the journey I started getting sick. To make this story short I was sick! Twice! And the air hostess had to take my sick bag and tried to fix the air conditioning. But, it didn't;t get any cooler and unfortunately I kept feeling sick. So, I took my travel sickness pill and fell asleep for the rest of the journey. Poor Mick was awake the whole time and worried about me! Bless him! Ahhhh.... hehehehe

So, we finally land and I am very happy to be standing on firm ground. But my happiness doesn't last too long, because we get on the shuttle bus that is going to take us to our resort and the road is bumpy and bendy, and despite the beautiful scenery, I started feeling light headed again! Oh dear! I really don;t want to be sick in my handbag! Please please God to be cruel to me. Let me hold it until I get into the room! But, my luck was good that time and I was fine. I so happy to get off the bus.

We finally, after registering etc..., get to our room and we put the air conditioning on and open the curtains, and to our HUGE delight we had a wonderful view of the Ocean. See pictures below! We were so happy, I didn't;t care how the flight was by then, and we had completely forgotten about our sadness over losing the Canadians (well, for a little while anyway).

So, it was
7am when we landed and it was 10am by the time we got to our hotel etc... We've been up for so long by then, and knowing full well that we have to stay awake for another full day before we can go to sleep felt like a daunting task. But, as the excitement and the reality of where we are hit us, we didn't careless! We went to the beach, pool and walk around the grounds and looked at the turtles. We had lunch, swam and read and completely chilled out! Of course we did other things too ;o) I don't know where we got the energy from! hehehehe

Finally, to finish this post off and start showing you the pictures, I just want to say that we had the time of our lives! We will NEVER forget our honeymoon and will NEVER forget how wonderful the people were! The friendliest people I have ever met!

So, enjoy the pics and let's hope we can all one day go to
Mauritius (either separately or together)!

Mauritius...we miss you xx


P.S./ To look at the pictures in the right order scroll down to the bottom and then start scrolling up. Still getting used to how this works, and put them in the wrong order! Doh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home